They say no matter what culture you are coming from, when it comes to a man and a woman, love is the only thing that matters. Is it? The difference of cultures and backgrounds was and will be a huge issue when dating someone international. So here my list of activities one should and shouldn’t perform if one wants to date a Kazakh. The list is not too serious so take it easy.
Top 5 tips to date a Kazakh girl
- Once you’ve met a Kazakh girl, don’t expect her to do the first step. You can spend centuries waiting for this to happen and it still won’t happen. Since childhood Kazakh girls are taught that a man should perform an action and do the first step and the longer you wait the less manlike you seem to her.
- Don’t ask her anything about Borat, at minimum you’ll be considered dull and banal, at maximum you’ll be treated as stupid. You don’t want either.
- Before you actually reach a Kazakh girl, be prepared to meet a whole set of female and male friends, cousins, sisters and brothers who surround her. Sometimes you can be punched coulple of times, this is how her male friends might ensure that you can protect her.
- Pay at the restaurant. If you expect a Kazakh girl to pay at the restaurant, then you are looking for the wrong girl. Kazakh girls are usually experienced in all sorts of household activities, so the girl you date most likely cooks really well, can iron your shirts perfectly, and will take care of you better than your mom, but bills aren’t really a thing girls should take care of. Instead, invite her family and friends and make a toi (food party for everyone). Keep calm and drink your piala (cup) of tea.
- Once you’ve started dating a Kazakh girl, you gotta marry her. And not in a ten years period but in the nearest future. Consider this when approaching this so good looking Central Asian girl who apparently speaks Russian.
Top 5 tips to date a Kazakh boy
- Well, you’ll have to try really really hard. Most likely none of his family members or friends will approve his choice. Anything you do is wrong, and don’t expect him to give up on all his connections just for you. Instead make some tea and create a connection with his circles.
- Tea is important. The way make it is important, the way you offer it is important, who you offer it first is important. The kind of tea you make is important. Tea is you. So take care of it and give the first cup to his dad if you wanna become a good kelin (bride).
- No matter what you thought about eating horse meat before, it is the best meat on the planet Earth for you now (it is actually very clean and tasty). The sooner you learn how to cook it and make Beshparmak (traditional dish made of dough and horse meat), the more appreciation you’ll receive.
- No more hanging out in pubs & drinking beer with your male peers, no Kazakh boy will put up with it. Your place now is by his side. Treat him like a mother, love like a woman and respect like a daughter. Forget feminist bullshit.
- It is serious if he buys you a pair of earrings. Basically it means proposal. Less words, more action, this is Kazakh style.